How to Block Political Posts on Facebook
If you are allergic to politics just as I am, seeing numerous posts on Facebook about politics equally disgusts you.
Thankfully, you can change a few settings inside Facebook and clear your timeline away from political posts.
Not only can you block political posts on Facebook, but you also can report them so Facebook can remove them permanently for you.
In this article, I will show you how you can block political posts from Facebook. Follow the below steps.
Snooze to Hide Political Facebook Posts from Friends
Since we’ll have numerous friends on Facebook, there are always some who are in love with Politics.
You can block political posts from your friends on Facebook right from your Facebook feed using the following steps.
- Scroll to the political Facebook post you want to hide.
- Select the ellipsis icon in the upper right corner of the post.
- Select Snooze [name of the source] for 30 days.
As soon as you select snooze, that post and all posts from the person should disappear. It will be replaced by a small box confirming your choice to snooze that person, and an undo button if you change your mind.
Not only does that political Facebook post leave, but you also won’t see any future posts from the person.
If you want a more permanent procedure that’ll last beyond 30 days, select Unfollow to stop seeing the person’s posts while remaining friends.
Unfollow Groups With Political Facebook Posts
Though many Facebook groups ban political posts, some do not, and they can be an instantaneous source of annoying political Facebook posts. Here’s how you can block these political posts from your Facebook feed.
- Open the group that you don’t want to see.
- Select the ellipsis icon in the upper right corner of the group page.
- Select Unfollow Group.
Change Facebook Ad Settings to Reduce Political Ads
You have to disable political ads in Facebook ad settings. Open Facebook from your browser and follow below settings.
- Select the downward pointing arrow icon in the upper right corner.
- Select Settings & Privacy.
- Then Select Settings to view all your account settings.
- Scroll down and select Ads in the left column to view your Ad Preferences.
- Select Ad Topics to change which ads you see.
- Find and select the option for Select Social Issues, Elections or Politics.
- Select See fewer ads about this topic.
Report a Misleading Political Facebook Ad
There is numerous misleading Facebook political ad which you may come across. If you come across one, you can report by,
- Find the ad that you want to report.
- Select the ellipsis icon in the upper right of the ad.
- Click Report ad.
- Choose the reason why you are reporting the ad.
- Select the Submit button to send your report to Facebook.
Once the ad is reported, Facebook automated tool will determine if the ad is misleading and block it afterwards.
In this article, I have showed you the steps you can take to reduce political ads on Facebook. If you are one of those that hate politics just like I do, then this post is surely a benefit to you.