How To Check If Someone Is Spying On Your WhatsApp or Calls
There are several reasons why someone will hack into your WhatsApp or calls. Reasons like suspected cheating, parental control, fun, and many other reasons known to the hacker.
Your friends, parents, or partner may want to spy on your chats to know whom you chat with and what you discuss most. Though WhatsApp chat is end-end encryption that doesn’t guarantee that your chats can’t be spied on.
WhatsApp is the widest app used by many and has all types of messages including private ones you would not want anyone to have their eyes on.
It is vital for you to understand that your WhatsApp chats can be spied on. However, developers of the app have implemented a high level of security to the extent that, for a hacker to break into your account, they will have to spend a huge amount of resources and time.
This simply means that, for an intruder to get into your account, they have to get access to your device or any other device you use for WhatsApp. You can realize your account has been hacked if you notice the signs below.
Signs Of A Hacked WhatsApp Account/Calls
- Temperature hikes. If there is a sudden hike in temperature and your smartphone gets warm frequently, you need to beware. Most at times, strong apps running on the background causing these hikes. Mostly, these are caused by Spywares.
- Sudden Battery Drain. Spy apps significantly use your battery power causing drastic battery drain. Once you notice you have to constantly charge your battery even when you rarely use the device, you have to be on alert. It’s possible there is a hidden spyware or app on your device. This spyware uses your device location and data to track your current location and device info which uses your battery at the highest level causing sudden battery drain.
- Increased Data Usage. Since Spywares uses your device data to relay information to the hacker, your data will reduce quicker than it supposes to last. Some Spyware even auto-download third-party apps to extend its services. If you realize increased data usage, be on the alert.
- Background Noise. One of the ways to note if your account has been hacked is hearing background noise in calls. These spy apps not only hack your device but also hack your call. Your calls will be recorded by these spy apps whenever you make or receive a call. If you notice unusual background noise in your calls, be on alert.
Methods By Which Your WhatsApp/Calls Can Be Hacked
- WhatsApp Web. WhatsApp web is an extended feature of WhatsApp which allows a user to access his/her account on the computer. With WhatsApp web, you would have to scan a QR code from the mobile device, then you can easily access your WhatsApp account on your computer in real-time. Your WhatsApp account in another way can be accessed on different mobile devices with an app called WhatScan using the same scanning method.
- Your WhatsApp Backup File. The backup file can be accessed using your File Manager. Once the hacker has access to your phone, they would first find your Backup file and transfer it via Bluetooth or Xender then convert it to plain text and read all your chats.
- Spy Apps. There are some third-party apps available that are used to spy on your WhatsApp conversations. Once the hacker gets access to your device, they would install the spy app and hide it. This spy app will then spy on your chats and automatically send the chats to the hacker on the background.
When you start to realize these instant changes to your device, then you have to be on the alert your device has been hacked.
Tips To Secure Your Whatsapp/Calls From Being Hacked
- Always lock your device
- Always logout from the WhatsApp web.
- Lock your WhatsApp
- Don’t connect to any unknown Wifi Network
- Don’t install apps from unknown sources.
- Don’t let anyone get access to your phone
- St-up two-step verification on WhatsApp
There are several reasons people will spy on your WhatsApp account or calls. In this article, we looked at ways you can follow to check if someone is spying on your WhatsApp or calls.