How To Buy Bitcoin In Ghana
Buying bitcoin in Ghana has become relatively easier now as compared with the past, due to the numerous platforms available for selling and buying bitcoins.
As we indicated in a previous article How To Withdraw Bitcoin Through Your MTN Mobile Money Account, there are several ways to buy and sell bitcoin in Ghana.
In this article, we shall look at three ways of buying bitcoin in Ghana for all purposes.
How To Buy Bitcoin Through Ecurrency4U.net
Ecurrency4U.net promises to be the biggest and most successful crypto exchange platform in Ghana with millions of Ghana cedis worth of bitcoin exchanged so far.
They have a huge stock of bitcoin and cash so they are your sure bet portal for selling huge volumes of bitcoin. The steps involved in selling on ecurrency4u.net are listed below.
- Visit the site and register for a user account.
- Login to your account
- Click ‘Buy Ecurrency’
- Select Bitcoin from the list.
- Select Your preferred mobile money platform as your payment method
- Enter the amount you want to buy in Dollars
- Enter the mobile money number you wish to pay with.
- Enter the name on the mobile money account
- Your order will be received upon successful entry of details. If you chose the automatic payment system, you’ll receive a popup on your phone, requiring you to confirm payment for the bitcoin. Kindly dial your pin code and confirm the transaction.
If you choose to pay manually, kindly copy the number displayed on your screen and make a payment from your mobile money wallet to that number.
- In the case of manual payment, take note of your transaction ID as you’ll be required to type it to confirm payment.
- Once the payment is confirmed, the bitcoin will be transferred into your Ecurrency4u account instantly.
How To Buy Through Remitano
For you to be able to buy bitcoin from Remitano you need to, first of all, have an active remitano account. In the subsequent lines of this article, we shall cover:
- How to register for remitano account
- How to place buy order for bitcoin on remitano
- How to make payment for bitcoin on remitano
Register For A Remitano Account
- Visit Remitano.com and click Login/register
- Click on Google under “sign in with”
- Enter your email address and enter your email password
- You’ll be logged in to your account.
- Setup your account by editing your profile.
Placing Buy Order For Bitcoin On Remitano
- Go to your remitano home page and click on ‘buy now‘
- From the homepage, you’ll see a list of sellers
- Locate the one you wish to buy from and click on buy now
- Enter the amount of coin you wish to buy from the seller and click ‘Buy BTC’ to open transaction window.
Note: “Amount limits” is the minimum and maximum limit of bitcoin that the seller (ad creator) wants to trade. You can only trade within this limit.
How To Make Payment For BTC On Remitano
- Copy the ad creator’s payment method details from the page, call them to verify their payment details and proceed to make payment to that number.
- The transaction will automatically switch to “Awaiting payment” mode.
- Click on ‘I have made payment‘ and type your Transaction ID into the box provided.
- Wait for the seller to confirm that they have received payment from you and then the bitcoin will be released to your wallet.
How To Buy BTC On Payplux
Using Payplux to buy bitcoin in Ghana is one of the most convenient ways of acquiring BTC since it has a simple interface and requires less input.
Look through the steps provided below to enable you to buy bitcoin using Payplux.
Register For An Account
To register for an account,
- Visit: Payplux.com and click on “Get started”
- Fill in the spaces provided for your phone number (Preferably your mobile money number), your email address, your full name and preferred password).
- Click on signup
- Check your email account for a link to confirm your email.
Placing Order For Bitcoin
To place an order for your bitcoin, you need to first of all access your newly created payplux account first. After logging in to your payplux account, follow the steps below.
- Click on Buy & Sell in your account
- Click on Buy
- Select the coin you want to buy under the “Buying” tab
- Enter the amount to buy in USD (The rate is just below the box where you write the amount)
The amount you have to pay will appear in a box just beneath that. 5. Click on Buy Bitcoin USD (… GHS)
Making Payment For Bitcoin On Payplux
- Select your payment method (Mobile Money)
- Select the preferred network
- Enter the mobile number associated with the mobile money account.
- Click on ‘Pay Now’ to make payment
- Confirm the transaction on your phone when you receive a popup.
- The bitcoin will be released into your wallet upon successfully making payment.
The above methods listed for buying bitcoin in Ghana are the ones we have tried and tested and are comfortable with. There are other options including buying from individuals directly. However, this comes at very high risk. Majority of the people who put up ads on social media claiming that they have bitcoin for sale at some very low rates are usually scammers and are only in for your money. In any case, only buy bitcoin from people you know and can trust. If you know of any other ways of buying bitcoin in Ghana, please let us know in the comment box. We would love to update our list based on your comment.