In Ghana, Vodafone cash comes in mind when we are talking about the best mobile money networks in Ghana with fewer fraud issues.
A Brief Introduction About Vodafone Ghana
Vodafone Ghana came into existence on 17 August 2008 when they acquired 70% of Ghana Telecom from the Ghana government at a cost of $900 million.
After the deal was made, Vodafone took over and the network name was changed from Ghana Telecom to Vodafone Ghana making the company own 70% whiles the government of Ghana owned 30% and in 2016, the company became the second-largest telecommunication operator in Ghana.
On March 2015, Vodafone Ghana launched its mobile money platform naming it Vodafone Cash, this service was launched for customers to safely make transactions without the need to always carry cash and join the queue at the bank.
When this feature became available it has indeed helped a lot of customers, evaluating the need to walk miles to make payment.
What can you do using Vodafone Cash?
- For transferring money
- For topping up airtime and bundles
- For requesting for loans
If you are a Vodafone user and you want to do any of these then you first need to register your sim card for Vodafone Cash, in this article, I am going to take you through how to register your Vodafone Cash
How To Register For Vodafone Cash In Ghana
Before getting started, you need to have a valid national ID. It could be the Ghana card, voters ID card, drivers license or travelling passport.
You also need to have your registered Vodafone sim card ready (obviously) because you are about to register for Vodafone Cash.
You can then follow the steps below to register for Vodafone Cash in Ghana:
- Visit the nearest Vodafone cash agent with your identification card to register or call the Vodafone customer care line 100 and tell them you want to register Vodafone Cash.
- An authorized agent will take all the information needed from you and then set it up for you.
- Within short minutes you will receive a confirmation message that your account has been activated.
- Press 0 to activate your account and then you will be prompted to enter your PIN. Type in your secret PIN and never share it with anyone not even the Vodafone customer care agent.
How To Register Your Vodafone Cash Account Online
- Visit https://vodafone.com.gh/personal/vodafone-cash/user-application/
- You will then be asked to fill the Vodafone Cash Customer Application Form. Fill in your first and last name, date of birth, gender, residential address, ID type, number and email, after that hit Register.
- Wait for a confirmation message and email and after that follow the procedure by selecting 0 to confirm your account.
- Set up a PIN and then confirm it.
If you have ever been wondering if you can register for Vodafone cash without visiting their office, then the answer is yes you can.
To do so dial 100 which is their customer service line or filling the Vodafone Cash Customer Application form on the official website.