Tigo Cash: What is it?
Tigo Cash is a digital payment system by Tigo Ghana that relies on the telecommunication network’s already existing infrastructure to make payments, send and receive money. It is mobile financial service tailored to suit and gives answers to financial needs and facilitate a digital payment lifestyle for all subscribers on the Tigo Network.
How to Register for Tigo Cash
In this case, you need to visit any nearby Tigo office or any Tigo customer care service centre. For the due process of registration.
While you relax in the comfort of your home, enter *510# and choose option “8” to register.
How to Send Money on Tigo Cash
- Dial *100#, Tigo menu will be displayed.
- Select option “1”, “send cash”
- In the space provided, enter the mobile number of the person, you are sending money to.
- Enter the amount of money in Ghana Cedis (Example: 20.50 or 17 or 17.00)
- The money will be sent; the person will receive a notification confirming to have received the amount of money.
- If the person is not registered, the person must show the message to any Tigo agent or Tigo customer care service centre to receive his or her money.
- The agent will then receive, an SMS stating that the transaction is successful
Note: If the transaction is unsuccessful then it means you have insufficient balance or you entered an incorrect mobile number or pin.
How to Withdraw money on Tigo Cash
Go to any Tigo cash customer service centre, or anywhere you see Tigo agent sign board. The agent will help you redraw the money through the following steps.
- Enter *100# to access the Tigo Menu.
- In the menu, select option “3” “withdraw Cash”
- Enter the “5digits” agent code or mobile number of the agent.
- Enter the amount of money you want to withdraw in Ghana Cedis.
- Enter your secret pin in the space provided.
- The agent will give you your cash.
- You will receive an SMS notifying you on the confirmation of the withdrawal, agent’s location, date and time of the transaction, your new Tigo Cash account balance and the reference number.
The person withdrawing the money needs to go with any valid national ID to an agent’s shop or any Tigo customer service centre. If the person receiving the money is not registered on Tigo cash, the person only needs to show the SMS he or she received from Tigo cash as well as a valid National ID to receive his or her money. Simple!
Tigo Cash Charges
- Cashing out at an agent’s shop is 1% of amount being cashed out
- Cashing out on your phone is 0.5% of amount being cashed out
- Sending to a non-mobile user is 1.5% of the amount being sent
Just like with MTN Mobile Money, Tigo Cash has numerous advantages. Top among them is convenience and security. If you are a Tigo Subscriber, it will be really cool to register for the service and let us know if you enjoy it or not.
Don’t forget to share this post with your family and friends.