How To Use Reels By Instagram
What is Instagram Reels?
Reels is the latest feature Instagram added to their recent update, letting you make videos of 15 seconds with AR filters and other special effects just like Instagram stories. With Instagram’s Reels. you can show off your creativity in so many diverse ways.
With Reels, you can film, edit and post 15 seconds video in the Instagram app which makes this new feature a major competitor for TikTok. Social media Influencers and creators now have a new way to make and share short-form content.
Reels have some catching up to do if its competing TikTok. TikTok has over 2 billion downloads and is widely popular within a short pace after its launch, whereas, Instagram has over 1 million active users which are slightly behind TikTok.
Instagram’s Reels will be an alternative to people who don’t want to download the TikTok app considering its ban in the USA due to TikTok’s ties with China.
How To Make An Instagram Reel
- Download the latest version of Instagram on IOS or Android from the Apple store or Playstore.
- Swipe up to open the Instagram camera, or tap the icon in the top left corner.
- On top of the screen, tap Reels.
- Tap the record button to film your Reel ( clip must be within 3 – 15 seconds).
- On the left of the screen, you can navigate or explore the editing tools of Reels to add adjustments, and effects to your clip.
- You can immediately post or share your Reels clip or save to draft and add more edits later.
Add Videos You Have Already Filmed To Reeve.
An already recorded video can be added on Reels to add edits and adjustments. Below are the steps to follow.
- Open the Instagram app
- Swipe up to open the camera.
- Choose Reels at the button of the screen
- Swipe up to pool your camera poll
- Navigate to your video and trim the video to the recommended video time.
- You can edit the clip by adding audio, effects and adjustments.
- The video can be published in your Instagram story or feed.
Businesses can use Reels to improve their brand awareness and increase sales. Below are some highlighted ways you can use Instagram Reels in your marketing strategy.
- Create authentic content that resonates with your audience or fans.
- Share educational content
- Showcase products.
These three strategies can be adopted to increase your brand identity.
Spotted Brands Using The New Reel Feature For Their Business
- Sephora France. Sephora France has over 300k views on their reels video each.
- Louis Vuitton. Vuitton also has adapted the new Reeves to promote their brand. Every single post of their Reels goes viral.
- My Paris Portraits.
With the increase in video content creation, a lot of industry players have seen the need to serve content creators, businesses, and account users more responsive tools to help them create content effectively. Instagram introduced Reel as a competitor to TikTok.
In this article, we looked at the new Reel’s feature by Instagram and how you can make use of it.