WhatsApp is always trying to implement new features to continue to stay relevant and be the number one chat application all around the world. We recently reported on some of the awesome features WhatsApp has released this year.
This time, however, WhatsApp has eyes set on Groups and Group Admins, according to WABetaInfo.
What improvements are in it for WhatsApp Group Admins and Participants?
- WhatsApp will prevent the group creator to be deleted from the group by other administrators. This will help the group creator to have the full control of the group.
- The administrators will be able to choose if other participants can modify the subject of the group, its icon and its description.
- Group Participants can use a new Search feature to quickly search other participants.
- Administrators will be able to remove more participants at once thanks to the Search feature in Group Info later.
- Administrators will be able to disable the chat features in the group. This means that all participants won’t be able to send text messages, images, videos, GIFs, documents, voice messages or starting a new live location session in the group. They will be able to do nothing in the group, and a notification in the chat will appear informing participants that only admins can send messages to the group. Note however that the setting can only be changed once every 72 hours (although WhatsApp is expected to reduce this).
All these features for groups are disabled by default, so it’s normal if you don’t see them updating the app. You have to wait that WhatsApp will release all this in future.
Thank you for reading. Don’t forget to share this with your family and friends. For the latest tech news and reviews, follow Mfidie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.
If you want to be part of our team of writers or you want to Guest write, send a WhatsApp Message to 0242022161 or simply call. You can also fill the form here to join our team and we will contact you back.