8 Ways to recharge DStv online or via Mobile Phone Services
Nowadays, everyone is interested in satellite television and DStv is one of the popular options. For many who use DSTV, one monthly hurdle is how to recharge their DStv online or on their mobile phones.
Today, we will walk you through how to successfully recharge your DStv account and enjoy uninterrupted service without the need to go to any of the MultiChoice offices in Ghana.
Here are the current DStv packages available in Ghana. Keep in mind that, you can upgrade or downgrade your subscription depending on your needs.
DSTV Packages in Ghana
There are Six (6) DStv Ghana packages. See them below with their price per month and the number of channels on each package.
- DStv Ghana Premium Package costs GHS 330/month with 185 Channels.
- DStv Ghana Compact Plus Package costs GHS 205/month with 172 Channels.
- DStv Ghana Compact Package costs GHS 135/month with 165 Channels.
- DStv Ghana Family Package costs GHS 70/month with 139 Channels.
- DStv Ghana Access Package costs GHS 40/month with 124 Channels.
- DStv Ghana Great Wall Africa Bouquet GHS 50/month with 12 Channels.
Now that we have looked at the various packages available, let’s turn our attention to how to recharge our DStv subscription online or via mobile in the different options listed below:
How to Recharge DStv with MTN Mobile Money
To recharge your DStv with MTN Mobile Money, you will need to register for Mobile Money. In the process, you will be asked to choose a four-digit secret code which you will always use to make Moblie Money Transactions.
- Dial *170# on your MTN Device
- Select option 2 (pay bill).
- Select DStv.
- Enter the Smartcard number.
- Input reference number (eg June 2019 Subscription).
- Enter Amount.
- Enter the secret code.
- You will receive a confirmation message from MTN.
How to Recharge With DStv Eazy Self Service
The DStv Eazy Self Service is a self-care service my MultiChoice to help with paying, upgrading and downgrading DStv subscription as well as troubleshooting some issues that may come up with the decoder as well.
Here are the detailed steps on how to recharge with DStv Eazy Self Service:
- Visit the DStv Self Care portal here:https://eazy.dstv.com/en/gh/pay
- Enter your DStv smart card number
- Verify the captcha
- Enter the appropriate amount as per your subscription/the subscription you want to change to
- Click “Make Payment” and enter your card details
You will receive a message and prompt that you have successfully recharged your DStv account.
How to Recharge DStv with eTranzact
eTranzact enables you to pay your DStv subscription directly from your bank account by using your bank’s mobile banking service. If you have an account with the following listed banks, then register your phone for your mobile banking service.
You will be given specific instructions to make DStv payments. (GCB, ACCESS, FIRST ATLANTIC, BOA, WOMEN’S WORLD BANKING, MIDLAND, ENERGY, UBA, Zenith)
Follow the steps below to complete a successful account payment on the E-tranzact platform:
- Visit etranzact.com
- Click on “PAY DStv”, on top of the main menu. You will be redirected to the payment page.
- Then click on DStv
- Enter the payment details and submit.
You will receive a confirmation message once this is done.
How to Recharge DStv with Airtel Money
By default, every Airtel Sim Card has Airtel Money. If you don’t already have the AirtelMoney feature, you need to activate it first. To activate and recharge your DStv, follow the steps below
- Go to Airtel Money.
- Go to my account, Choose change Pin.
- Enter old Pin which is a default number 1234
- Enter new, Then your SimCard will be activated for Airtel Money.
- Select the Airtel Money icon on your phone. Select “pay bill”.
- Choose other and Type “DStv”.
- Type amount in GHS.
- Enter Pin Code.
- You will be asked for reference Type your IUC number there.
You will receive a confirmation message on completion. This same procedure works for Tigo Cash and AirtelTigo Money.
How to Subscribe DStv Ghana with Slydepay
- Visit the SlydePay Payment Platform
- Scroll down to TV section and click on DStv
- Enter your DSTV Smartcard number
- A pop-up with your details will show up, click on “Confirm”
- Select your preferred subscription package
- Select your preferred payment option (MTN Mobile Money, Airtel Money, Visa/Mastercard, SlydePay, Tigo Cash, Vodafone Cash)
- Enter your wallet number and click on “Pay”
- Wait to confirm the transaction
How to Recharge DStv with Express Pay
You can pay for your DStv subscription or put money in your Box Office account using the ExpressPay app.
To download; go to your phone’s app store and search ExpressPay or visit expresspaygh.com
Apart from the methods discussed above, there are also traditional methods to pay your DStv subscription. Check them out below
How to Recharge DStv at UBA
You can pay for your subscription at your nearest United Bank for Africa (UBA) branch or you can pay using U-Bills. Follow these simple steps to pay using U-Bills:
- Visit the U-Bills website and click the register button www.ubills.com.gh.
- Fill in your details, agree to terms and conditions and register.
- Go to their email and confirm your account by clicking on the verify account link.
- Go back to the UBills website, login, settle the service you want to pay fo.
- Input amount.
- Select payment mode (visa or master card).
- Input your card details
- Click pay.
The amount will be debited and you will receive a confirmation message.
How to Recharge DStv at Multichoice Offices
You may pay for your subscription at any of our MultiChoice offices:
- Accra – No. 8 Basko Lane, Abelenkpe
- Tema – Ground floor, Giann Towers, Community 11, Tema
- Kumasi City Mall
- Takoradi – Tigo Building, Axim Road
Please call 0302740540 for more information on the DStv/MultiChoice offices.