NABCO: Registration, District Submissions, Interviews and Full Process
Kindly check back regularly as new information is always added. You can now change your preferred district but it should be in the same Region. Here are step by step instructions to get you through NABCO Registration, Submission, Interview and Placement.
The Nation Builders Corps (NABCO) programme is a government initiative to address graduate unemployment to solve social problems.
NABCO Appointment Letters are out. Click here on how to check.
Read: NABCO Applicants to start Work in October, August & September for Training
The focus of the initiative will be solving public service delivery in health, education, agriculture, technology, governance and drive revenue mobilization and collection.
In less than two weeks after Registration opened, more than 40000 graduates have applied for placement under the Nation Builders Corps (NaBCo). Government is seeking to employ 100,000 graduates in solving public service delivery in health, education, agriculture, technology, governance and drive revenue mobilization and collection.
Latest Updates on NABCO
Remember to check the last part of this article for the date to report at the District Office with the hard copy of your application, how to change your preferred district and Interview Dates and how to find your district office.
Update (5-June-2018): You may not need to submit documents before the main Interview date. Also check updated list of NABCO Interview requirements here.
Update (5-June-2018): You can now print your interview slip and here is a list of things to take to the NABCO Interview.
Update (4-June-2018): Some Districts are “full” so Interview Dates for those districts cannot be changed.
Update (4-June-2018): You can now change your preferred district when scheduling an interview date.
Update (4-June-2018): District Submission of Hard Copy forms have started.
Update (1-June-2018): Last day for Registration. Be sure to complete your registration and print a copy of your sheet for safe keeping. You can also save it as PDF and email back to your own email for safe keeping.
Update (28-May-2018): 141,332 applications have gone through the system so far.
Update (18-May-2018): New reports suggest that 72,000 applications have been received so far.
If you are yet to complete the form, you should do so as soon as possible before the system gets overloaded.
If you received an SMS asking you to complete your application but you have already completed it, you can just ignore it.
The Objectives of NABCO
- Provide temporary employment to unemployed graduates
- Improve skills and employability for the transition from programme to permanent employment
- Improve public service delivery
- Improve government revenue mobilization
- To provide needed infrastructure to improve access to basic public services
There are currently seven modules under NABCO. Graduates will be trained and equipped with the necessary work tools and deployed around the country to engage in the modules. These modules are:
- Educate Ghana: Focus on STEM and other subjects in primary and secondary schools.
- Heal Ghana: Provide healthcare delivery to deprived and rural communities across Ghana.
- Feed Ghana: Provide extensive support to farmers across Ghana.
- Revenue Ghana: Provide a workforce and minimal technology solution to generate the requisite revenue.
- Digitise Ghana: Provide a converging solution to most of the active and latent government programmes and initiatives.
- Civic Ghana: Provide some resource base at the District and Constituency level.
- Enterprise Ghana: Assist with the effort to industrialise all parts of the country.
Qualifications to apply for the NABCO modules
To qualify, you must have obtained a post-secondary education with a diploma or degree relevant to their preferred module. The following qualifications are required:
- Educate Ghana: open to all graduates but those that majored in education, science, computer science, engineering, and mathematics will be encouraged to apply because of the strong focus on “STEM”
- Heal Ghana: open to graduates with healthcare training. We encourage trained nurses, midwives, medical laboratory technicians, pharmacy technicians and others to apply.
- Feed Ghana: open to graduates with certificates, diplomas and degrees in agricultural disciplines and food sciences are encouraged to apply
- Civic Ghana: open to all tertiary graduates of any discipline
- Revenue Ghana: open to all tertiary graduates of any discipline
- Digitize Ghana: open to all tertiary graduates of any discipline but those with an ICT background are strongly encouraged to apply
- Enterprise Ghana: open to all tertiary graduates of any discipline
Where will NABCO trainees work?
Trainees based on selection will work with Ghana Health Service, Ghana Revenue Authority, Ghana Education Service, The Private Sector, Local Assemblies, Lands Commission, National Identification Authority, NCCE, ISD among a host of government agencies.
What you need to register for NABCO in Ghana
The NABCO is opened to all Ghanaians who have already discharged their national service obligations and not for an applicant who is yet to do their national service.
However, current National Service personnel can apply for NABCO but they will have to produce their NSS certificate at the time of the interview and their names should be verifiable on the list of those who have completed their service.
Applicants will need to readily have the under listed information/particulars to complete the application process:
- Email address
- Softcopy of a passport size picture
- Scanned copy of highest degree/diploma qualification (file must be in pdf format)
- Certificate number of degree/diploma (if available)
- Ghana Post GPS Digital Address of residence (watch how to get your address here)
- District of residence
- National Service Scheme (NSS) PIN
- In addition to the NSS PIN, Heal Ghana Module is open to only graduates with healthcare training and professionally. Applicant’s licence number/PIN is required.
- Any of the following National ID:
- NHIS Card
- National ID card
- Voters ID card
- Social Security and National Insurance Trust (SSNIT) Number (Social Security number is however optional).
- E-zwich Card Number
Other Useful NABCO Links:
NABCO Interview: Dates, What you need, Questions and How to Pass
NABCO: How to change your district and book Interview Date
NABCO: Application Problems, Password Issues & their Solutions
NABCO: How to change interview date to your Proper Module dates
How to apply/register for NABCO
- Start by visiting apply.nabco.gov.gh
- On this page, fill in your basic information and complete the Google Captcha.
- You will be taken to the next page, after confirming your email address to again confirm your personal details. Click next to continue. Note that at any stage of the application process, you can save and exit so you continue later.
- On the next page, enter details that are essential for locating you. If you want steps on how to generate your digital address, you can watch this video.
- Fill in your employment details.
- The next page presents a summary of all what you have already entered. Check to see everything is correct.
- Finally, confirm your submission and print.
- Applicants are required to go through a validation process ahead of an interview to determine suitability for the module applied for.
Document Submission at District and Interviews
From 4th June 2018, all applicants will have to visit their preferred district with the printed submission sheet.
All applicants can select suitable interview slots – time and date – for their chosen module and district from June 4 to 15, 2018. Interviews would be conducted in all districts from July 18 to 25, 2018.
How to Select your NABCO Interview date and change district:
- Log on to the NABCO application site with your username and password.
- After signing in, you will have the chance to select a 2nd and 3rd module to increase your chances of employment. Select your preferred two.
- Choose the most convenient appointment time for your interview (date and session) by clicking on them.
- Confirm your phone number.
- You can also change your preferred district but it should be in the same region.
- Confirm all information and click on “save”.
Note: This process will only work from 4th June 2018. Morning Session means you will have your interview in the morning as with Afternoon Session – interview in the afternoon.
How to find your preferred District Office to submit Hard Copies
For help on how and where to locate your district office to submit the Hard Copies of your NABCO Documents, kindly call any of the following numbers: +233 20 813 1968, +233 50 144 7555, +233 574 11 76 33 or send a WhatsApp Message to +233 244 28 4055 Kindly remember that you only need to submit the printed document at the District Office.
Update: As per NABCO’s Facebook page, you can contact the following: 0278253386, 0278253387, 0547210487, 0547210488, 0547210525, 0206331340, 0206734444
Please remember you are not to pay anybody any amount of money for help.
How to Print your NABCO Interview Slip
You can now print the Interview Slip after logging in to nabco.gov.gh
The slip is only printable if you have already chosen an interview date.
What to take to the NABCO Interview
On the day of the Interview, be sure to arrive at the district early and smartly dressed.
Here are the things you need to take to the NABCO Interview(as per our source in Cape Coast):
- Completed NABCO Application (Printed)
- Interview Slip (Printed)
- NSS Certificate / Proof of taking part in National Service (Original Copy)
- Original Copy of Tertiary Certificate (Degree, HND, Diploma, etc)
- ID Card used to register (Voters ID/Passport/NHIS/National ID Card)
- Birth Certificate
- 1 Passport Photo
New NABCO Schedule for 2018 (May to August)
- Online application: May 1, 2018, to June 1, 2018.
- Interview Appointment Booking: All pre-validated applicants can select suitable interview slot online from June 4, 2018, to June 15, 2018.
- Interviews: June 25, 2018, to July 7, 2018.
- NABCO District and Module Placement Orientation: July 16, 2018, to July 27, 2018.
- Placement and Commencement : August 1, 2018.
Old NABCO Schedule
Online application: May 1, 2018, to June 1, 2018. District offices open for applicants to submit hard copies: June 4, 2018, to June 15, 2018 Interviews: June 25, 2018, to July 7, 2018. NABCO District and Module Placement Orientation: July 16, 2018, to July 27, 2018. Placement and Commencement: August 1, 2018.
If you have any questions, kindly leave a comment below and we will try to reply.
Thank you for reading. Don’t forget to share this with your family and friends. For the latest tech news and reviews, follow Mfidie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.